Western societies undergo demographic changes that potentially challenge the welfare state. In the CCWS the causes and effects of early retirement has been a high priority areas. Some of the central research questions are why seniors choose to leave the labour market before reaching the age of retirement and what are the consequences are from a citizenship perceptive. CCWS has collected unique large national surveys among early retired and pensions (1999 and 2007). The ageing society both interacts with pension schemes and service production. The latter is epically in Nordic welfare state where is has been a state responsibility to provide care for elder citizens. One of the central questions is how the elderly care service production can be organized.
Current research projects:
- The International Panel on Social Progress
- SIA - Social Inequalities of Ageing
- NORCARE2 Arbejdsvilkår og arbejdsmiljø i nordisk ældrepleje/working environment and conditions in Nordic elder care
- Samspil og samarbejde i rehabiliteringen (Co-creation and co-operation in reablement)
- NORDRESS - Nordic Centre of Excellence in Resiliance and Societal Security
Selected previous research projects: